Subject: Request for National and EDPB-Level Guidance on Psychometric Testing in Employment Contexts
From: "Victoria Sanduta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2025 16:12:37 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Data Protection Authority team,

I am writing to express growing concern within the privacy community 
regarding the widespread use of psychometric testing in recruitment and 
employment processes, and the absence of official national or EU-level 
guidance on the application of data protection rules to these practices.

As organizations across Europe increasingly integrate psychometric tools 
into hiring, internal mobility, and employee development, the legal 
uncertainties surrounding such processing are becoming critical. In 
particular, there is a lack of clarity on how to apply key provisions of the 
GDPR to these tools, especially when:

*	Profiling is involved or decisions are made based on test results
*	Special category data may be inferred (e.g., psychological traits, 
neurodivergence)
*	Automated decision-making under Article 22 may be triggered
*	Transparency, fairness, and explainability obligations must be met
*	Consent and legitimate interest assessments are context-sensitive and 
ambiguous

Given the privacy-intrusive and potentially discriminatory nature of some of 
these tools, the current legal vacuum creates a fragmented and subjective 
landscape. Privacy professionals across the EU are left to make 
inconsistent, risk-based judgments without formal regulatory guidance, 
raising both legal and ethical concerns.

We respectfully urge your authority to consider providing national guidance 
on this topic and, if appropriate, to raise this matter within the European 
Data Protection Board (EDPB) for joint evaluation and coordinated action.

Such guidance would enhance regulatory consistency, support responsible 
innovation in HR technology, and uphold the data protection rights of 
individuals across Europe.

Thank you in advance for your consideration. I would welcome the opportunity 
to contribute to any consultation process your authority may initiate on 
this topic.

Kind regards,

Victoria Sanduta

Global Data Privacy Specialist
 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

 <http://www.autoliv.com> www.autoliv.com

***************************************************************
Consider the environment before printing this message.

To read the Companies' Information and Confidentiality Notice, follow this 
link:
https://www.autoliv.com/autoliv-email-disclaimer
***************************************************************